Workshop at ISEC
GRAAM India & ISEC jointly organised a workshop to review the questionnaire and methodology used for analysis as part of a skill gap study at ISEC in Bengaluru.
GRAAM India & ISEC jointly organised a workshop to review the questionnaire, methodology used for analysis, and the study aspects of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) and Chief Ministers Kaushalya Karnataka Yojane (CMKKY)in the selected districts of Karnataka as part of a skill gap study at the Seminar Hall, Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), in Bengaluru on 24th February.
Prof S Madheswaran, Director ISEC; Dr Basavaraju R, Executive Director GRAAM, research faculties from ISEC & GRAAM and other stakeholders from various departments participated in this workshop.
Following suggestions were emerged in the workshop.
- Increase the Age Group of the Youths from 18-35 to 16-35 years
- Consider the growth in the number of jobs and the types of jobs which are in demand in the Gig/Platform Economy.
- Understand what are the aspirations of the Youths when it comes to the Indian Uniformed Services and what type of level and skills are required for joining the Indian Uniformed Services.
- Inclusion of Disabled Youths in the Overall Sample
- Role of Private Skill Development Training Institutions