G20- C20 Delivery Democracy Working Group Coordination
The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for international economic cooperation. It plays an important role in shaping and strengthening global architecture and governance on all major international economic issues.
India holds the Presidency of the G20 from 1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023. The G20 Presidency gives India a unique opportunity to strengthen its role in the world economic order. With the theme of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,' India is steering an ambitious, people-centric agenda to address global challenges and facilitate sustainable economic development.
Civil20 (C20) Engagement Group is one of the official Engagement Groups of the G20. It provides a platform for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) around the world to voice people’s aspirations with the world’s leaders in G20. C20 also aims to protect the essence of the sector, promote social and economic development with the vision that no one should be left behind.
Under the Indian Presidency of G20, one of the priorities of C20 is to focus on finding sustainable solutions to the socio-economic matters that touch people & their daily lives.
GRAAM has been entrusted as the India Coordinator for the working group.
International Coordinator: Benedetto Zacchiroli, President of ICCAR (UNESCO International coalition of sustainable and inclusive cities), Rome, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Engage Youth – Energise Democracy: Civic and political engagement of Youth
2. Education of Democracy: Pedagogy and activities required at school/college level
3. Political and Social Democracy
4. People Participation and Grassroots Democracy
5. Civil Society Role in Democratising Development
6. Minimum Government and Maximum Governance – CSOs playing catalyst Role
7. Inclusive Democracy (Gender, Disability, Marginalized) – Role of CSOs
8. Enforced Engagement to Empowered Engagement – Grassroots Democracy