Demand Side Assessment of Primary Health Care in Assam
|Project Name||Demand Side Assessment of Primary Health Care in Assam|
|Project Sanction Date||10 Sep 2019|
|Project Period||Sep 2019 to Jun 2020|
|Project Location||Assam (Golaghat, Barpeta, Nagaon)|
|Project Supported By||
Project Result / Accomplishments:
• Study recommends that medicine supply side barriers like unavailability of even common drugs needs to addressed.
• Villagers feel constrained by the absence of delivery facilities at Sub Centres. Villagers use Health and Wellness centre for basic investigations of NCDs like diabetes and hypertension.
• Enough importance should be given to continuous capacity development of the providers in the areas of communicable diseases and RMNCH+A.
• Procedures and protocols for the management of communicable diseases at primary health care facilities should be made available.
• Delivery services need to be functional and should be prioritised at the sub-centres where the PHCs or secondary facilities are located further away.
• Grievances redressal mechanisms should be strengthen and villagers should possess awareness on such mechanism.