A study on School Development and Monitoring Committee
- Understand why the community is not interested in participating in SDMC.
- Understand the initiatives to make members actively participate in the SDMC.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
• SDMC's activities of interest include: school program and government programs, children's fair, enrolment and attendance movement, child learning, school development and donor support, meeting with teachers, cleaning up the school environment.
• 99.50% respondents said ‘yes’ to the need for an SDMC committee for school development for effective implementation of all these at school level.
• 40.95% responded that SDMCs are necessary for school development (infrastructure, model school, duty and employment). 32.66% for child enrolment, attendance, development and learning and 14.07% for teachers' support.
• The reasons for not participating in the SDMC are the lack of cooperation and lack of coordination of schools with the SDMC members which thwarts the functions of SDMC.