Understanding the Presence of SDMC and the Challenges that Schools Pose to the Effective Functioning of SDMC
The current study sheds light on the role of community development and supervising committees on the role of community in the universalization of primary education. This includes evaluating the structure and functioning of these SDMCs, identifying their potential and limitations, and understanding the role of community in the universalization of primary education. In addition, the purpose of this study is also to identify, understand and analyze the factors that thwart the functioning of SDMCs.
|Project Name||Understanding the Presence of SDMC and the Challenges that Schools Pose to the Effective Functioning of SDMC|
|Project Sanction Date||10 Sep 2019|
|Project Period||Sep 2019 to Dec 2019|
|Project Supported By||
- Study the role of SDMCs in school development.
- To find ways to empower government schools.
- Enable SDMC members to understand and speculate the precise problems of why the school system is not keen on proactive partaking in SDMCs.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
- Proportional representation of parents or caregivers of children with disability and underprivileged children is needed.
- Government should plan for capacity building of both SDMC members and Parents Council members.
- State must develop proactive strategies to ensure that the SDMC monthly meeting are conducted and that the cluster resource persons (CRPs) are responsible to ensure.
- Panchayat should regard the SDMC as its own subcommittee in letter and spirit to perform its work and ensure all forms of assistance to ensure that the work is done in a transparent and democratic manner.