Karnataka State Specific Action Plan (KSSAP) on water: Towards Water Security, Safety and Sustainability: 2050
Government of India, through the Ministry of Water Resources has launched National Water Mission as part of the larger National Action Plan for Climate Change in order to address the issues faced by water sector. Accordingly, State Specific Action Plan for water sector is formulated based on assessment of demand and supply (sources) of water, taking into account the vulnerability to climate change. Along with the GRAAM, KSSAP conducted a study on water.
|Project Name||Karnataka State Specific Action Plan (KSSAP) on water: Towards Water Security, Safety and Sustainability: 2050|
|Project Sanction Date||29 Dec 2018|
|Project Period||Dec 2018 to Dec 2019|
|Project Supported By||
- Critical analysis of existing water, water policies, regulations, institutions and various ongoing interventions / Schemes / Programmes related water resources.
- Identify current and future development needs and challenges in all aspects and to formulate performance indicators for each of the water cycle/ dimension component including SDG’s.
- Formulate annual State / UT Water Budgets and a comprehensive and integrated water plan for water security, safety and sustainability till 2050.
- Develop strategic action plan, including location and context specific contingency plans to manage the impact of climate change.
- Document assessment / Impact of Climate Change and to formulate a strategic action plan to manage the impact of climate change.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
- Improved urban water governance is the needed to access safe drinking water.
- Integrated urban water management (IUWM) systems should be effectively functional by bringing together water supply, sanitation, storm water and wastewater management. These should be integrated with land use planning and economic development.
- Sustainable sanitation which may include separate collection of wastewaters from households and industry to promote reuse and treatment of wastewater