Community Need Assessment for CSR Intervention of Asian Paints Limited
The study is designed to explore the actual community needs, developmental status, aspirations and their priorities. Besides understanding development status, the study will garner critical information for designing a village development plan such as community dynamics and developmental programs. Based on the assessment of community needs, interventions shall be suggested. This will enable the company to develop CSR programs which is truly need- based.
|Project Name||Community Need Assessment for CSR Intervention of Asian Paints Limited|
|Project Sanction Date||30 Dec 2019|
|Project Period||Dec 2019 to Feb 2020|
|Project Location||Nanjanagudu taluk (12 villages), Mysore, Karnataka|
|Project Supported By||
- Study the needs of the community within the vicinity of the Plant.
- Suggesting Key Community Development Interventions based on the needs of the community.
- Mapping the current CSR Interventions by Asian paints and other corporates within the plant vicinity.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
- Based on the community need assessment within the vicinity of the plant, GRAAM team made following recommendations:
- Upgradation of school infrastructure - construction / renovation of class rooms, toilets and developing computer and science lab.
- Equip schools and anganawadis with desks, benches tables and teaching learning materials.
- Conducting awareness camps on personal health and hygiene is a necessity. Conducting Awareness program on critical health issues and counselling for women related issues is recommended.
- Conduct career counselling sessions that enables employment opportunities for youth in local industries.
- Provide entrepreneurship development trainings. Facilitate the aspiring entrepreneurs to get micro-credit and handholding for sustainable livelihood.
- Construct check dams and sub surface dykes at appropriate places across the nallahs and streams in the water-table depleting areas. Artificial recharge structures should be constructed in feasible areas for augmenting ground water resource and to improve ground water quality.