Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Skill Development program for less privileged youth under Titan’s Corporate Social Responsibility
For a long time now, Titan Company Limited has been contributing to the skill development of youth through various initiatives. The Skill Development Program is one such initiation by Titan Company Limited in the year 2015. The objective of the program was to provide employment linked skill-building training programs for underprivileged youths. Under this program, training was provided by the implementing agency to the underprivileged youth who are school and college dropouts, and final year students of graduation through the designated training partner in Bengaluru.
|Project Name||Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Skill Development program for less privileged youth under Titan’s Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Project Sanction Date||16 Aug 2018|
|Project Period||Aug 2018 to Mar 2019|
|Project Supported By||
|Implementation Partner||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood|
- To understand the appropriateness of program design
- To assess implementing agency’s capabilities and processes with respect to mobilization of youth, quality of trainers and training, curriculum, placement and post placement tracking.
- To understand the choice of colleges for the college-based training programs (i.e. when the training is done in low profile colleges).
To study other popular / successful and comparable skill programs and to suggest how the program can be further improved.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
- Periodical curriculum scrutiny and update to suite the changing employment ecosystem
- Aptitude assessment to supplement student interest for course selection.
- To make them stay longer in placement job, training on professionalism, effective pre-counseling, proper information about the potential job and its requirements, and orientation on workplace issues and challenges should be ensured during the course.
- Soft skills are foundational, non-trade skills that are relevant for any job role or work environment. Elements such as life skills, teamwork, time management, grooming, behavior, attitude, communication skills and English speaking and basic computer skills are relevant and important for job performance in any job role, more so in the service sector.
- The thrust on English learning requires to be more and systematic. It is highly idealistic to expect youth from the underprivileged section to pick-up English-speaking ability in few days.
- Systems should be created for Continuous Learning, Refresher Courses and Career Guidance.