Vision Document: Karnataka 2025 Rural Development
Rural development was one of the 13 growth sectors for socio-economic development identified by the Karnataka Government for the Vision-2025 project. The rural Karnataka population is spread across 6,022 gram panchayats, 176 taluk panchayats and 30 zilla panchayats.
|Project Name||Vision Document: Karnataka 2025 Rural Development|
|Project Sanction Date||05 Sep 2017|
|Project Period||Sep 2017 to Sep 2018|
|Project Supported By||
|Implementation Partner||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood|
Project Result / Accomplishments:
The core of the vision document can be summarized as:
· Developing one smart village in each Gram Panchayat
· Making all Gram Panchayats food and nutrition secured by 2025
· Enhancing healthcare for all
· Ensuring basic education till standard 10 for every child
· Achieving maximum infrastructural coverage in the areas of drinking water, sanitation, waste management, road connectivity, markets, etc.
· Improving rural livelihood options
· Improving gender equity and access to social security schemes
· Promoting good governance at state and local levels.