Sugamya Shiksha is a Comprehensive School Development model conceptualized and planned by GRAAM to make Government schools a model that enables a comprehensive learning environment. The thrust of the program is to have a holistic approach with new initiatives for strengthening the Government programs/activities of the schools. The program focuses on children coming from diversified cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and creates an environment to harness children's creative nature and help them gain knowledge from experience.
GRAAM in collaboration with Aris Global in Mysuru is implementing Sugamya Shiksha to transform the way the student community is trained.
- To create an extended learning and activity platform beyond School hours to address the constraints that exist at home, which impede learning.
- To bridge the skill-education gaps (life, language, social, soft) in the existing learning system at school.
- To provide necessary support and facilitation required by needy children to continue their education.
- To facilitate the strengthening of school development and Monitoring committee (SDMCS) to ensure community participation. in school development activities.
- To ensure effective WASH-E (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Energy) management and practices at school through a sustainable development approach.
Project Result / Accomplishments:
- The students who cleared their SSLC examinations in the Metagalli Government High School in Mysuru recently interacted with Mr Shankar Bellur, an eminent counselor from the city. Mr Bellur provided food for thought and stated that their career choices should be based on their interest. The students were satisfied with the session and the overall feedback was positive
- The polling for the Shala Samsath was held on June 29 on the school premises, wherein more than 140 students cast their votes. The process of the election began by filing nominations. Students then went from class to class seeking votes from their fellow classmates. The election was held for the post of 12 cabinet ministers and the Chief Minister of the school. Education, Food, Cleanliness, and Sports were among the few cabinet ministries
- In order to understand the learning levels of children in the school and to plan the base content for the academic year, Baseline Test was conducted for all the students in the school. For the Baseline test, tools were prepared and tests were conducted to analyze the Computer Skills, English, and Life Skills. Data entry and analysis are underway.