A Study to Understand the Activities Engaged by Rural Government School Children at home due to COVID lockdown
This study was done in 53 villages of Mysuru covering 07 Gram Panchayats
- 397 government school children participated in the study
- Children from Class 05th to Class 10th were selected for the study
- HPS (Class 05th to 07th): 241
- HS (Class 08th to 10th): 250
- Girls: 203 | Boys: 194
|Project Name||A Study to Understand the Activities Engaged by Rural Government School Children at home due to COVID lockdown|
|Project Sanction Date||01 Jul 2021|
|Project Period||Jul 2021 to Aug 2021|
|Project Supported By||
|Implementation Partner||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood|
- To understand the effect of the school closure on the routine of the children
- To understand how children are investing/spending their time at home
- To specifically understand how much time is being invested for learning / education
- To understand challenges for attending online classes
- To know children’s opinion about opening of schools
Project Result / Accomplishments:
Children spend less amount of time studying. This Study finds that HPS children need support to strengthen their process of learning.
Students are largely involved in entertainment activities such as watching TV or Mobile, which is alarming. As the elder persons are out for work they become unaware about the programmes watched by the children.
Physical activity is found to be very less among the HS girls. If they were in schools at least they would have engaged in some minimal physical activity.
Reduced physical activity indicates less socialization. Therefore, exposure to new knowledge/experience and self-confidence is affected.