Dr. Ananya Samajdar
Head - Research
Dr. Ananya Samajdar is head of research at GRAAM. She holds a PhD in Political Science from the National University of Singapore. Along with heading the research team, she has handled studies for WHO, NHSRC, Karnataka Evaluation Authority and UNICEF. In her previous job at TISS, she has worked with MHRD on higher education and academic leadership projects and with Coal India on influencing their CSR activities.
Her other interests include singing and listening to Hindustani Classical Music (vocal).
|#||Name of the Project||Assignment Partner||Thematic Area||Project Type||Assignment Period|
|1||Demand Side Assessment of Primary Health Care in Assam||World Health Organisation||Public Health||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Sep 2019
|2||Outsourcing Formulation of Policy Options and Legal Implications for Enabling Prescription and Dispensing by Mid-Level Health Workers and Nurses for Primary Health Care in India.||World Health Organisation||Public Health||Policy Engagement||Jun 2019
|3||Evaluation of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) in Karnataka||Karnataka Evaluation Authority (KEA)||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Jan 2019
|4||Developing a Roadmap of Social Enterprise Ecosystem as a Precursor for a Viable Social Stock Exchange in India||NABARD||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Policy Engagement||Dec 2019
|5||Community Need Assessment for CSR Intervention of Asian Paints Limited||Asian Paints Limited.||Governance and Democratization||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Dec 2019
|6||Midline Evaluation of Prerepana Project||NR Foundation,SVYM||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Dec 2018
|7||Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Skill Development Program for Less Privileged Youth under Titan’s Corporate Social Responsibility||Titan Comany Limited||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Aug 2018
|8||Research & Strategic Consultation for the Establishment of NR Foundation’s PwD Skill and Employment Facilitation Centre||NR Foundation||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Strategic Consultation||Aug 2018
|9||Project Samvarthana: A Convergent Approach to Child Survival & Development||UNICEF||Public Health||Strategic Consultation||Nov 2015
|10||NISHTHA: Transforming Comprehensive Healthcare in India||Jhpiego||Public Health||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Dec 2020
|11||Impact Evaluation of MyQuest Programme in Tamil Nadu and Gujarat||QUEST Alliance||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Sep 2021
|12||Developing a Roadmap of Social Enterprise Ecosystem as a Precursor for a viable Social Stock Exchange in India||NABARD||Governance and Democratization||Development Research||Jun 2019
|13||Development of State of the 21st Century Skills Sector Report||UNICEF||Learning, Skill Development and Livelihood||Social Impact Assessment & Evaluation||Oct 2021
· Ko, Kilkon and Ananya Samajdar. 2010. Evaluation of International Corruption Indexes: Should We Believe Them or Not? The Social Science Journal 47: 508-40.
· Samajdar, Ananya. 2011. Accountability and Performance: A Study of Rural Local Government in the Indian State of West Bengal. Annual International Conference on Political Science, Sociology and International Relations 2011 (PSSIR 2011), 7-8 November, Singapore [published in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference on Political Science, Sociology and International Relations (PSSIR 2011), 7-8 November 2011, Singapore, published by Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) and indexed by EBSCO and CrossRef].
· Samajdar, Ananya. 2012. An Assessment of Local Government Accountability: Mechanisms and their Operation in GramPanchayats in Two Indian States. International Conference on Public Administration (8th ICPA), 25-27th October 2012, Hyderabad, India [published in Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Administration (8th) (Volume 1), published by University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Press (UESTC Press), Chengdu, People’s Republic of China].
· Samajdar, Ananya. 2016. Far Beyond RUSA: Book Review of “RUSA- As Quality Intervention in the Higher Education Sector” (2016), edited by Dalip Kumar and published by Chandigarh Post Graduate Government College for Girls and Unistar Books Pvt Ltd. University News 54 (31): 30-3 (August 01-07).
· Samajdar, Ananya. 2017. Democracy, Capacity and Performance in Panchayats: Exploring the Dilemma and the Debate in Abhijit Bhattacharya and Mousumi Ghatak (eds.)Rural Development Programmes in India: Effectiveness and Evaluation. Serials Publications Pvt Ltd. Sarma,
· Rohan and Ananya Samajdar. 2017. Healthy Balance Sheets and Unhealthy Communities : Practitioner Perspectives on CSR Initiatives of Public Sector Enterprises in India in S. Siva Raju (ed.) Corporate Social Responsibility in India: Some Empirical Evidence. Springer Singapore.