Powered by Hanns Seidel Foundation.
As the India Coordinator for the C20 Working Group Delivering Democracy, GRAAM has launched a social media campaign called "My Stance on Democracy: Power to the People" which aims to provide a platform for individuals & organisations to articulate their idea of democracy and take a stand on this fundamental human right.
We recognize the vital role NGOs, CSOs, and Development & Public Policy Professionals play in promoting and protecting democratic values, and believe that your voice is crucial in shaping the conversation around democracy and its role in society.
Individuals and development organisations can take part in this event.
Some broad level issues you can address:
3. How can democracy be strengthened at different levels (local, state, national, international) and what should be the role of citizens and state to achieve the same?
4. How can we ensure that democratic participation of women, LGBT, Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and other minority and marginalized communities is not limited to voting?
5. How can educational institutions better prepare the youth for active citizenship and democratic participation?
6. How can social media and technology be used to make democratic processes more inclusive?
7. Do you believe that quotas or affirmative action measures are necessary to increase minorities (women, LGBTQ+, PwD) representation in democratic institutions? Why or why not? What measures can the government take to ensure public participation in decision-making/policy-making?
How can you participate?
Fill a form
As part of our online engagement initiative, we have developed a questionnaire with the broad themes of Inclusive Democracy, Youth and Democracy and Responsible Governance.
You can fill out the form using this link.